How do I setup my NETGEAR WiFi range extender?
Your NETGEAR Extender Setup grows your home WiFi network by associating with your current organization and improving inclusion. The accompanying directions will help you set up your extender.
For our fresher Devices, we suggest setting up your extender with the Nighthawk application. For more data, see the accompanying articles:
To set up your extender:
- Plug in your Netgear Extender. The Power LED lights.
- On the off chance that your Power LED doesn't light, press the Power or On/Off catch. Associate your PC or cell phone to the extender's WiFi organization.
- The extender's default WiFi network name (SSID) is Netgear Extender Login. The extender network either has no secret key or the default secret phrase is secret phrase.
- Your Device may caution you that the Internet isn't accessible. This is not out of the ordinary. Keep the WiFi association. Dispatch an internet browser and enter mywifiext.net.
- The New Extender Setup page shows. Snap or tap NEW Netgear Extender Setup.
- Whenever incited to acknowledge terms and conditions, snap or tap YES or I AGREE.
- Pick your extender's administrator qualifications.
- These qualifications are utilized to get to your extender's settings on an internet browser.
- We suggest leaving the default User Name as administrator and picking a secret key that is unique in relation to your WiFi network secret word.
- Select and answer two security inquiries starting from the drop menus.
- These inquiries are utilized to recuperate your extender's administrator qualifications on the off chance that you fail to remember them. Snap or tap NEXT.
- In the event that your extender inquires as to whether you might want to utilize the Netgear Extender Genie to help, snap or tap YES or CONTINUE. Your extender looks for nearby WiFi organizations.
- Select the radio catches for your organization's 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi Network Names (SSID).
- On the off chance that you don't see your organizations, snap or tap See More. Snap or tap NEXT. Enter your current organization's secret phrase and snap or tap NEXT. Select SSIDs and passwords for your extender.
- Naturally, the extender utilizes the name of your current organization with _2GEXT added as far as possible for the 2.4GHz band and _5GEXT for the 5GHz band. Of course, the secret word for each band is equivalent to your current organization.
- (Discretionary) For network extenders, you have an alternative to utilize a similar WiFi name and secret word as your current organization. Select the Enable One WiFi Name check box to empower this component if your extender upholds it.
- This permits your extender to utilize a similar WiFi name (SSID) and secret key as your current WiFi organization. Snap or tap NEXT.
- The Netgear Extender applies your settings. This can require a couple of moments.
- The Netgear Extender shows the WiFi network name (SSID) and secret key for every one of your extender's groups. Observe these.
- On a gadget that you intend to associate with the extender network, go to the WiFi settings and interface with the extender's new organization.
- Return to your internet browser, select the checkbox at the lower part of the page, and snap or tap CONTINUE.
- Your Netgear Extender is presently expanding your organization's inclusion.